Saturday, January 12, 2008

Swapping Kid Stories

Jean's office used to be across the hall from mine. Our kids used to go to the Athens Montessori School and our sons were young when Jean lived here in GA. Just about every day Jean and I would swap some fantastically whimsical and utterly hilarious insight that one of our sons had conjured up. She and I would laugh until we were practically rolling around the floor over something one of them had said or did. I sometimes couldn't wait to share these stories with Jean. I would squirrel them away until the next time I saw her. She was a GREAT appreciator of such stories and a keen observer of children. After she left, I really missed having someone to swap my kid stories with. She always got the mirth in them. Best wishes to her family during this difficult time.

No comments: