Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thanks for the Inspiration.

What can I say about the woman who first inspired me to join the field of school psychology? When I entered your office, a lost junior undergrad soul trying to figure out what the heck to do with my life, I had no idea what I was in for. The way you talked about your profession would probably have made a millionaire who spends his days teaching orphans to surf in Hawaii and rescuing puppies want to change career paths! This wasn’t unlike any other day and I know your it wasn’t just an act trying to get new recruits J. I admire your passion for work and for life and your never-changing positive disposition. You always seemed to have achieved that perfect balance so many of us struggle with while juggling the demands of a profession, a strong family life, and deep friendships, all the while never forgetting to have fun. In my first year having a real job, I can appreciate that more than ever. We could sure use a few more of you around to remind us of what’s important when day-to-day mundane details tip that balance over too far. Although I’ll always wish I had had more time to learn from you (maybe the PhD. program would have been a good option for me after all), I am thankful for the professional skills you taught me but more importantly, for those life lessons you may not have realize you imparted; they really stuck.

Love,
Caroline

No comments: