Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Always Endearing

Jean and I were colleagues back in graduate school at the University of Wisconsin. She was a few years a head of me but we shared the same advisor; thus, she spent many hours talking to me about what to do and more importantly, what not to do regarding graduate school. Jean frequently shared her wisdom over a beer or two, playing darts, or grabbing a bit to eat. Our friendship has spanned more than twenty years and she remains a trusted colleague with great wisdom, a true friend with great listening skills, and one of the most endearing people I have ever met. My personal life and professional life have been strongly touched by Jean and I am truly grateful to her for that. Her laughter and lens on life are truly unique, she is one of a kind.

Jean, your guidance and wisdom have been invaluable. I remain hopeful that our friendship will continue for many more years to come. Please take care and all the best.

Jim

No comments: