Monday, January 7, 2008

personal and professional wisdom

Jean,
Can you believe that I’m now a licensed psychologist? It was just yesterday that I was entering my first class in the program…I’m not a first-year anymore! As so many others have written on this blog, you have indeed touched the lives of so many people….including many who have never had the great fortune to meet or know you personally. I’m thankful for the opportunities I’ve had to learn from such a great mentor.

It hasn’t been just the profession that I have learned from you that I carry with me. You have made such a powerful impact on my life, personally. Your poise, gentleness, sincerity, humor (I can hear your laugh right now!)- these are just some of the great things about you that have shaped the person I have become.

Please know that you are leaving a legacy- that every student you have ever taught will continue to carry on the lessons you have taught us in our future encounters with children and their families- and in this way, countless people will continue to benefit from your wisdom and generosity.

I’m blessed to know such a wonderful person. My warmest thoughts are with you and your family.

Lots of hugs,
My

No comments: