Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Thank you

Dearest Jean,

I am struggling to try and put into words what you, your mentorship, and friendship have meant to me since we first met in East Lansing several years ago. We started together - I was part of the "guinea pig" cohort and you were my new advisor who I had not yet met or spoken with. Evelyn had promised me that I was going to love meeting with you, and she could not have been more right. You have this amazing gift for making everyone feel capable, comfortable, and totally at ease. I left our first meeting (and all our future meetings really) feeling ready to tackle all that graduate school had to offer.

When I think about all of the milestones, both personal and professional, that you have shared with me, it makes my heart smile. You were the first person at the College of Ed to hug and congratulate me about getting engaged. You bought me a shot after my first national conference presentation. You teared up when I told you I was expecting my first child. And you never for a moment let me believe that I would not be able to complete my degree, even though I was living in a different state, working, and starting to rear a family. I know that it is only through your constant support, passion, and love that I have graduated and can proudly call myself a psychologist.

Thank you for being such a wonderful role model to me and to all of those individuals who have been privileged enough to take some part in life's journey with you. Much love to you and your family.

Take good care,
Stephanie Davis

No comments: