Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Jean,

One of my favorite memories is presenting with you at NASP one very early Saturday morning. First of all I couldn’t believe admitting to you that I had practiced my presentation the night before at a bar in Toronto – actually, I think I knew that you’d appreciate it. And, you did! Secondly, I remember being really anxious about the presentation as it was one of my first conferences and you were so reassuring and insistent that I would be fabulous. While I was probably far from fabulous, you made me feel competent and helped me believe in myself. Thank you for that. And, thank you for your reassuring words, mentorship, support, humor and kindness over the past years. I feel incredibly fortunate to have had you as a mentor – your strength, brilliance, compassion and humor have taught me many things that will guide me both professionally and personally. Perhaps, the most important lesson that you have taught me is to create balance in life and to not take it for granted.

Lots of love,
Sone

No comments: