Tuesday, January 8, 2008

You were a huge part in my decision to attend MSU

Jean,

From reading a number of the blogs from people who cherish and admire you,
I can tell that you are someone special to so many people. You are also very
special to me.

You played a very important role in my life even before I
was admitted to MSU.

Many professors don't have the time or the interest in
answering e-mails from undergrads inquiring about their work or the program.
You accepted my e-mails and welcomed me with open arms.

I remember being so excited that a professor in a real graduate school e-mailed me back saying,
" Sycarah, that is such a beautiful name!"

When I came to the interview and saw you in person, you were such a beacon of light and hope for graduate school.

You were so welcoming that I felt the urge and comfortable enough
to hug you. You were a huge part in my decision to attend MSU. After
coming to MSU you were great and so supportive during those times I felt
that "I just didn't belong" and you assured me that I did. I know that I
would not be where I am today, had it not been for you.

You are truly a remarkable individual and I have very fortunate to have had the opportunity
to get to know you and your wonderful family. I can not thank you enough for
just being you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family,


Sycarah D. Grant

No comments: